CHICAGO, MACKINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN, AND WISCONSIN
September 2 - 12, 2022
In this fascinating tour, we will link together a number of well-loved and varied destinations including Chicago, Mackinac Island, Green Bay, Wisconsin, the Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, and much, much more.
This tour includes:
- Round-trip air from Atlanta. We will fly into Detroit and home from
- Round-trip transportation between Thomaston and the Atlanta Airport
- Transportation throughout the trip
- 10 Breakfasts, and 2 dinners ( dinners are at the Grand Hotel Mackinac )
- Two nights in Dearborn at the Historic and wonderful Dearborn Inn
- Two nights at the magnificent and historic Grand Hotel on scenic Mackinac Island. We will have a full day to enjoy this picturesque island including a carriage tour of the island,
- Visits to the fabulous museum at Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum. You will view fascinating historic artifacts, homes, and famous American workshops including those of the Wright Brothers and Thomas Edison. Google these museums to see their wealth of historical treasures.
- A visit to the Ford Rouge Plant where they assemble Ford F-150 Trucks
- One night in Green Bay Wisconsin with a wonderful tour of Packer Stadium.
- Two nights at the Weathervane Inn in Charlevoix, Michigan. Charlevoix is a charming village in a setting with a harbor, a lake and a canal.
- Half-day tour in the Charlevoix area to be determined
- Three nights in Chicago with tours to explore the many facets of this interesting city including a city overview, architectural river tour, a visit to Wrigley Field, the John Hancock Tower, and much more.
- Anyone who had been to Chicago and wishes to leave it off may fly home after the first night