April 30 – May 13, 2020
This wonderful trip combines the classic sites and wonderful shops of Venice, Florence, Tuscany, and Rome. We will stay in the heart of Florence, Venice, and Rome. Our hotel base in Tuscany will be the atmospheric hill town of Cortona, the setting for the book and movie Under the Tuscan Sun. The terrace of our hotel in Cortona overlooks a beautiful valley.
This trip includes:
- Round-trip air from Atlanta, Georgia
- Round-trip transfers between Thomaston and the Atlanta Airport
- All transportation, site & museum entrances during your stay in Italy
- Three nights accommodations, including breakfast, in the heart of each of the following cities: Venice, Florence, Cortona in Tuscany, and Rome.
- Walking tours in Venice with its wonderful canals, churches, and piazzas. We will visit St Mark’s Cathedral, the Doge’s Palace, and wander the back streets where you can visit many interesting shops
- Walking tours of the classic sites of Florence. We will visit the Medici Chapel, Michelangelo’s David, the Uffizi Gallery, Santa Croce and much more.
- One free day in Cortona to enjoy its wonderful sites and ambience.
- Day trip into the Tuscan Countryside to enjoy its beautiful scenery.
- Walking tours in Rome of the Roman Ruins including the Colosseum, the Forum, and the Pantheon.
- Rome walking tours of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and St Peters.